Vision 5 Presentation and Installer
Vision 5.29.x Installer Download for New Installations and Existing Vision Update.
The instructions in this document have been updated as of 2 October 2018.
The button below downloads the Vision 5.28.x installer.
- The installer will include an installation of VC++ 2017
Redistributable files the first time that it is executed. This installation must be allowed to proceed.
- After installing the VC++ 2017 Redistributable files the
computer may need a reboot before Vision is installed. The
installer may or may not restart automatically after reboot.
- This is a major internal update. That is why release of version 5.19.x is skipped and the release is going directly to 5.20.0.
- Although the development involves major changes, the actual
changes to the program are not very major. Changes that the user
will see include:
- Driver 5.20.02 is released.
- Task icons in the Task Library and in DataSets have changed
their appearance. (Primarily the change is in the icon color.)
This is the most obvious change. It was necessary because of
the way that the new development program handles these icons
and their background color.
- The User-Printable Help folder and desktop linking icon have been eliminated. These referred to obsolete documents. The folder and icon may continue to appear after updating older installations.
- A general review of the entire program has standardized dialog controls and correct minor errors throughout the program.
- A "Precision Testers and Accessories" section has been added near the top of the Main Vision Manual (Help->Help Topics). This section discusses tester installation, theory and operation. It provides another source for the physical execution of high-voltage and magneto-electric measurements. It provides detailed descriptions and specifications of all Precision testers. It will provide detailed discussion of each accessory instrument manufactured and offered by Radiant Technologies, Inc.
Latest Vision Installer - Vision 5.30.0 - 6 May 2021
Support for Windows XP and Vista has ended. Version 5.20.0 and later cannot be installed under Windows XP or Vista.
This page is used to install the latest version of the Vision program - Vision 5.30.x. Use the installer on this page to install Vision to host computers that have never had Vision installed or to update computers that have older versions of the program already installed.
Vision may be installed on any Windows
host computer running Windows 7 or later. These include Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported. The same installer can be used for 32-Bit and 64-Bit host computers. For documentation purposes, 64-Bit host computers are assumed.
To Update Existing Vision Installations:
Vision program installed from this page will operate all Precision
Testers, regardless of model or age, that connect to a separate host
computer through a USB cable. It does not operate the Precision
Workstation or original Precision Pro/Premier with internal CPUs.
- Simply download and run the installer.
To Install Vision to a Fresh Host Computer:
Please Note the Following:
Note that you must install Vision before connecting your Precision tester for the first time. Simply download the installer under the Vision 5 download button below, and run the installer. Acknowledge all warnings and allow the installation to proceed. Details of incremental updates are presented below under "Vision Version Log".
- At the end of a new installation, the installer will open a link to the Radiant Technologies, Inc. YouTube page. This page provides a variety of general topics and topics directed at specific and specialized equipment and software. This will only happen on initial installation. Updates do not open the page.
- Vision may be installed by anybody and may be installed to any number of host computers. A Precision tester does not need to be purchased to license Vision.
- Several Task Suites in Vision - including Piezo, Chamber, Magneto-Electric Measurements and Transistor Measurements - must be purchased to operate. The Tasks in these Task Suites are installed by the installer and are available to everyone for review. Everyone can recover and review data collected by licensed versions of the Task Suites. In order to actually operate the Task Suites, the Tasks must be licensed. A file named Security.Sec is shipped to customers who have purchased one or more Custom Task Suites. The file is copied to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Radiant Technologies\Vision\System folder. The Security.sec file is keyed both to the Task Suite(s) purchased and to a code in the specific tester for which the license is issued. The Task Suites may be licensed on any number of host computers, but the licensed is not transferable to other testers.
To Install the Precision Tester:
- For Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 host computers, Precision Premier II, Multiferroic, LC II and RT66C tester shipped after July 2014 will install themselves with no action required by the user. For RT66B tester and other Precision testers older than July 2014, additional action must be taken within Windows to allow the tester to install. Please refer to Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 Tester Installation.pdf.
- Connect the tester to a USB port on the host computer and turn it on.
- For RT66B and original Precision LC (not LC II) testers, follow the installation instructions in Step-by-Step 64-Bit Installation. These documents were also included in the tester shipment.
Vision Version Log:
- Repair the Advanced Piezo Task. A point count was being calculated that was too large for the RT66C. Measurements were returning an error.
- Repair the Signal File - Write Task. The Task was crashing when the main configuration dialog was opened.
- Repair the Remanent Hysteresis Task. Controls were not properly labeled on the main configuration dialog and the parameter adjust dialog when the DRIVE signal was specified in units of Electric Field (kV/cm).
- Corrections to the operation of the Autocal 230░ C Task.
- DRIVE 5.30.0 also includes corrections to the Autocal 230░ C operation.
- The accumulation of minor and moderate updates over the 5.29.x version series leads to the 5.30.0 intermediate version update for Vision and all Tasks.
- Driver 5.29.8 includes changes to control the latest model of internal amplifier.
- Main Vision Manual includes initial additions to an index.
- Allow zero-second durations in the custom duration Branch-Loop sequence for Waveform, DC Bias and Delay Tasks.
- Text exporting and printing repaired for Hysteresis-based Tasks when 10% Pulse profile is selected. '%' must be treated correctly when printing or writing to a text file.
- Check file name characters when writing the automatic error log. Illegal characters are replaced with '.'.
- Fix the Curve Energy Task Excel monopolar data exporting.
- Add Instantaneous Current (mA) Excel export output to the Hysteresis-based Tasks.
- Driver 5.29.6 - essential to the Autocal 230░ C Piezoelectric Thermal Chamber (PTC) operation.
- Vision updates essential to the Autocal 230░ C Piezoelectric Thermal Chamber (PTC) operation.
- Extend general Task updating to several Tasks.
Version 5.29.5 - 15 March 2021
- Vision and documentation materials for the Autocal 230░ C Piezoelectric Thermal Chamber (PTC), including:
- The Autocal 230░ C Task.
- The Autocal 230░ C Task Instructions.
- Insertion of the Autocal 230░ C instrument into the Main Vision Manual accessories topic.
Version 5.29.4 - 9 March 2021
- Position Waveform, Delay, DC Bias, etc progress dialogs relative to the Vision window. These dialogs were improperly positioned when there are multiple monitors connected to the host computer.
- Position popup windows relative to the mouse cursor position.
- Fix a bug that was not allowing Filter Tasks to set Accumulate or Append mode after a Data Mining operation.
- Fix the setting of Voltage 1 and Voltage 2 in Waveform and Fatigue when working in the Editor Aide.
- Allow zero-second durations in Waveform, DC Bias and Delay. If the duration is zero seconds and the Task is programmed to scale the duration in a Branch Loop, the second Branch Loop iteration will take on a value of 1 second and then scaling will proceed normally starting with the third iteration.
Version 5.29.3 - 24 February 2021
- Fix a rare error in Hysteresis-based Tasks.
- Remove dialog resizing and scrolling from tabbed-based dialogs.
- Continued extending general changes, as noted below under 5.28.2, to the family of Vision Tasks.
Version 5.29.2 - 11 February 2021
- Add Measurement Frequency (Hz) output from Hysteresis-based Tasks [Hysteresis, Piezo, Advanced Piezo, Remanent Hysteresis, Check Hysteresis] to the User Variable list.
- Add data capture Vs Frequency (Hz) or Electric Field (kV/cm) to the Single-Point and Single-Input Single-Point Filter Tasks when importing Hysteresis-based data.
- Add ▒Ec (kV/cm) data capture to the Single-Point and Single-Input Single-Point Filter Tasks when importing Hysteresis-based data.
- Extend dialog resizing to several Tasks.
Version 5.29.1 - 28 January 2021
- Fix an error, introduced in Version 5.29.0, that causes the program to fail when the Hysteresis or Remanent Hysteresis Task is recalled from a DataSet Archive.
- Fix a scaling error in computing Current Density (mA/cm2) in the Hysteresis Task Filter.
Version 5.29.0 - 26 January 2021
- Add distribution of Vision Main Manual chapters as PDF files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Radiant Technologies\Vision\Help.
- Add direct access to Main Vision Manual PDF Chapters under the Help-Help Topics (PDF) Vision menu.
- Extend dialog windows resizing and scrolling.
- Include tabbed dialog windows resizing and scrolling.
- (Dialog window resizing and scrolling is an on-going project to allow large dialogs to be accessed even in small displays such as laptop displays. This project is not yet complete.)
Version 5.28.7 - 10 December 2020
- General updates extended to more Tasks.
- Repairs made to the Generic Magneto-Electric Response Task QuikLook configuration dialog.
Version 5.28.6 - 20 November 2020
- Vision driver 5.28.6 makes internal changes that apply to hardware and controlling software that is under development.
- The Sorting Filter Task has added to it the capacity to set Die Row, Die Column and Capacitor ID at runtime.
- Sorting Filter Task Instructions are now included in the distribution. No Task Instructions previously existed for the Sorting Filter.
- General Changes, discussed over the past few releases are extended to the Sorting Filter and the Check Hysteresis Task.
- The Check Hysteresis Task now allows the user to enable the Sample Information dialog to appear at runtime after the Data Presentation dialog is closed. This is primarily for researchers who are measuring samples across a wafer. The dialog allows the Sample Information to be updated and recorded each time the Task executes.
- The Check Hysteresis Task Instructions have been updated.
Version 5.28.5 - 10 November 2020
- Fix a rare error in Advanced C/V that was reporting the wrong test voltage at each sample point.
- Fix an error in General Monopolar that was decoding DRIVE and RETURN data to the wrong scale in some instances.
- Update the Hysteresis Task to allow the repair, above, to the General Monopolar Task.
- Vision 5.28.2 change suite extended to the Charge Task..
Version 5.28.4 - 5 November 2020
- Driver version 5.28.6 fixes an bug that returned Error 1 in Advanced C/V and the Single-Point C/V Tasks when there is no error.
- Charge and Chamber Tasks have had the changes listed below under 5.28.2 extended to them.
- The Sorting Filter Task now offers runtime setting of sample information including Die Row, Die Column and Capacitor ID (integer).
Version 5.28.3 - 29 October 2020
Version 5.28.3 includes:
- Extend the changes of 5.28.2 to additional Tasks.
- Repair an uncommon bug in Data Mining in which an unwanted Task is automatically selected for mining.
- Fix CS 2.5 DC Current (A)/Field (G) Task Branch Loop incrementing when the increment is specified in units of magnetic field (G)
- Fix the command to Go To Local in the Lakeshore 336 thermal controller DLL.
Version 5.28.2 - 20 October 2020
- Update to High-Voltage error reporting.
- Update to internal amplifier stage selection for some testers and amplifiers. This prevents measurements that are near to the switching voltage from being rejected.
- Repair the cumulative stress time reported by the Fatigue Task when custom times are selected
- Apply any subset of the following changes to the Tasks listed below:
- Runtime Tabular Text Export file names can now be set dynamically by replacing sets of reserved characters with selected User Variables.
- In addition to scaling or incrementing parameters by a constant value to adjust the parameters in a Branch Loop, some parameters may now be associated with a text file that will provide custom values for the parameters.
- Some large dialog windows have been made resizable and scrollable to allow the entire dialog to be accessed on a smaller display.
- In view of item 3, some Tasks have had their tabbed Data Presentation displays eliminated.
- Tasks that present data may have display of their configuration dialogs disabled when the Task is recalled from a DataSet Archive. This speeds access to the data.
- Hardware and Measurement Tasks may now have their programmed configuration overridden at runtime by using a text file.
- Task Instructions update.
See the Task Instructions for complete details on any of these changes.
These Tasks have been updated as noted in the list above:
- Single-Trace Loop Average (STLA) Filter (1, 5, 7)
- Accessory Read (3)
- Advanced C/V (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Advanced Piezo (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
- Auto Branch Abort (5, 7)
- Branch (5, 7)
- Transistor Current (1, 4, 5 [Task work is incomplete])
- Transistor I/V (1, 5, 6, 7)
- Transistor Curve Trace (1, 5, 6, 7)
- Update User Variable (2, 3, 7)
- User Variable Snapshot (5, 7)
- Waveform (2, 6, 7)
All Tasks will have these updates extended to them over time.
- The QuikLook Data-to-DataSet option default - "Do Not Save", "Save to New DataSet" or "Saved to Open DataSet" can be adjusted by the user under Tools->Options...->Measurement and Test Definition Execution
NOTE: No Version 5.28.1 was distributed by this site.
Version 5.28.0 - 1 October 2020
- Per the request of Mr. Nikolai Chekurov, Microsoft, Inc. the Hysteresis Task Runtime Tabular Text Export has been updated to allow the export file name to be dynamically adjusted by replacing reserved characters "0X0" with the values in selected User Variables. See the end of the Main or QuikLook Configuration topics in the Hysteresis Task Instructions for complete details. This option will be extended, over time, to all data-collecting Tasks including Measurement Tasks and Filters.
- The Hysteresis Task Instructions have been updated to include discussion of the dynamic Runtime Tabular Text Export file name.
- The Hysteresis Task Instructions have been updated to complete the discussion of a Plot Filter options.
- Per the request of Dr. Fujibayashi, of , Hiroshima University, the Tools->Options...->Measurement and Test Definition Execution dialog tab has controls added to allow the user to change the default selection in the QuikLook-to-DataSet selection list box on QuikLook measurements Data Presentation dialogs. This option has been extended to all Tasks that allow QuikLook-to-DataSet data storage.
- Per the request of Dr. Fujibayashi, the Tools->Options...->DataSet dialog tab has had check boxes added that allow the user to bypass review of the configuration dialog for all Tasks and of the plot configuration dialog for Measurement Tasks when data are recalled from the DataSet Archive. This reduces the number of steps to access the data. At this release, only the Hysteresis and Remanent Hysteresis Tasks respond to these settings. This option will be extended, over time, to all Tasks.
- Hysteresis and Remanent Hysteresis configuration and data presentation dialogs have been made resizable and include active scrollbars. This option will be extended, over time, to all Tasks that present large, single-page, dialogs.
- In view of their resizable data presentation dialogs, Hysteresis and Remanent Hysteresis have had their tabbed data presentation dialog removed. This will also be extended to other Tasks as appropriate.
Version 5.27.11 - 23 September 2020
Add the Matsusada 600-Volt 06B50 to the list of available external amplifiers.
Version 5.27.10 - 22 September 2020
Driver 5.27.10. Driver changes relate primarily to future products. Complete Editor Aide Dialog Instructions are now provided.Moderate update to the Main Vision Manual.Restore proper standard path parameter assignment on Vision startup. Assignment is no longer forced, but depends on entries in the Windows registry.
Version 5.27.9 - 15 September 2020
The Imprint Task is repaired. It has been crashing the program when the Duration/Stress configuration dialog tab was accessed. Partial Editor Aide Dialog Instructions are now provided.The program is configured to force the assignment of three key parameters that are normally initialized from the registry on Vision startup. This assignment is made if the registry read fails, allowing Vision to continue to operate. This is a non-standard program condition that is provided to allow a customer to use the program. Once the issue accessing the registry is resolved this condition will be returned to normal. This change will be transparent to most users whose Vision installation is able to access the registry.
Version 5.27.8 - 3 September 2020
Driver 5.27.8 is released with internal changes. Updated RT66C Rev D firmware.An option has been added to the DC Bias Task to exit the Task immediately, with no bias delay period. The DC Bias voltage is left on the DRIVE port after the Task exits. This option is not recommended. It is provided pursuant to the future release of a measurement sequence that is under development.
Version 5.27.7 - 27 August 2020
A ░K/░C option has been added to the Set Temperature Task for the Lakeshore 335 (GPIB and Serial) thermal controller selections. This option only adjusts labels on the configuration dialog. It does not signal the instrument to change its units setting. This option is not yet extended to other temperature-controlling Tasks including Chamber, Remanent Chamber or Imprint. The LCR Meter Task has added Agilent E4980A current configuration and measured parameters to the User Variable list.Moderate updates to the Main Vision Manual.
Version 5.27.6 - 19 August 2020
Minor driver changes. Minor updates to the Main Vision Manual.
Version 5.27.5 - 13 August 2020
Bugs fixed in some Tasks when addressing the Radiant Technologies, Inc. external 200.0-Volt amplifier. [Note that the amplifier must be powered up before connecting power to the RT66B or other Precision tester.]Minor updates to the Main Vision Manual.
Version 5.27.4 - 6 August 2020
Fix Single-Point C/V operation in high voltage.Changes to allow development of control of accessories to be released in the futureModerate updates to the Main Vision Manual.
Version 5.27.3 - 31 July 2020
Driver 5.27.3 includes support for RT66C Rev D.Fixed the update of ETD Marker icons for ETD names that contain characters that are illegal in file names.Fixed update of ETD icons when right-click appending a General Information Task or a Hyperlink Task. Icons were being assigned to the ETD that immediately preceded the appended Task ETD.Moderate updates to the Main Vision Manual.
Version 5.27.2 - 21 July 2020
Repair the setting of Preset Delay (ms) in the QuikLook configuration and execution of the Remanent Hysteresis Task.Repair and validate Hysteresis single-point parameter evaluation when the Task is imported from a Vision Data File (VDF/*.vis).Main Vision Manual updates.
Version 5.27.1 - 16 July 2020
Update the Linkam T96 thermal controller DLL to enable cooling on thermal controller initialization.Add Tools->Reset Linkam T96. This action must be taken if the T96 thermal controller was previously addressed and then turned off and on. Without this action subsequent commands to the T96 controller will fail.Minor update to the Main Vision Manual.Update to the "Things that You Didn't Know that Vision Would Do" document.
Version 5.27.0 - 7 July 2020
Fix a bug in the main Vision program that mis-set the flag to abort a Test Definition execution if the driver returns an error. The flag was mis-set on Vision startup. Using the Tools->Options... dialog set the flag correctly.
Fixed a bug om the General Monopolar Task that was preventing the Task from writing itself to the DataSet Archive if the driver returned an error.
Fixed a bug in the General Monopolar Task that was causing the Task to crash when recalled from the DataSet Archive if the Task execution returned an error from the driver.All Vision components and Tasks updated to 5.27.0.Accumulated updates over the course of the 5.26.x versions indicated the need for an intermediate version update to 5.27.0
Version 5.26.7 - 16 June 2020
Add control of the Instec mK2000 thermal controller to Set Temperature, Read Temperature, Chamber, Remanent Chamber and Imprint.
Fixed a bug in Advanced C/V that was crashing the program if the driver returned an error.
Fixed a bug in Remanent Hysteresis that was crashing the program if the Remanent Hysteresis Task was associated, as an input Task, with a subsequent Filter Task.Fix Elapsed Time setting in Editor Aide.
Version 5.26.6 - 27 May 2020
Driver 5.26.3: Control latest Precision Premier II and PMF Tester revision.
Main Vision Manual update.
Transistor Tasks' Task Instructions update.
Version 5.26.5 - 15April 2020
Driver 5.26.2: Control lastest RT66C hardware revision.
Main Vision Manual update.
Transistor Tasks' Task Instructions update.
Transistor Curve Trace Task includes Run-Time Tabular Text Export.Editor Aide Task library update.
Version 5.26.4 - 6 April 2020
User-programmed Preset Delay (ms) added to the Remanent Hysteresis Task. This is a Windows API delay. It is not clocked using the Precision tester clock. A precision of ▒4.0 ms is presumed.
Replace radio button with check boxes in the main Update User Variable Task configuration dialog.
Waveform, User Variable Snapshot and Update User Variable Task Instructions are brought up-to-date.
Minor typographical error correction in the main Vision manual.
Version 5.26.3 - 5 March 2020
- Correct operation of the I2C Voltage Controller.
Version 5.26.2 - 2 March 2020
- Driver 5.26.1.
- Minor cosmetic updates.
Version 5.26.0 - 30 January 2020
- Driver 5.26.0.
- Remove redundant tester renumeration on startup and Hardware Refresh.
- Made direct-Excel exporting - even of very large sets of very large data vectors - nearly instantaneous and error-free.
- Many other small changes.
Version 5.25.1 - 27 December 2019
- Driver 5.24.3.
- Add the pMEMS Matrix Board Task and Task Instructions.
- Repairs to the Remanent Hysteresis Task. The Task no longer crashes Vision when the Data Presentation dialog is closed.
- Many other small changes.
Version 5.25.0 - 2 December 2019
- Driver 5.24.2.
- Update entire project to 5.25.0.
- Run-Time Text Export technology change to eliminate double-spaced lines.
- Profile Preview repaired in all Hysteresis Tasks.
- Add "xxx: Current Electric Field (kV/cm)" to the User Variable List for all Tasks that set DRIVE signal strength (voltage or electric field (kV/cm)).
- Update Filter Tasks' input Tasks lists to include more-recent Tasks as input. This project is ongoing.
- Update the number of Tasks that allow custom, from-file, Branch Loop adjustment. This project is ongoing.
- Add the General Parameter Adjust Task. The Task does not yet have Task Instructions.
- Many other small changes.
Version 5.24.1 - 24 October 2019
- Driver 5.24.1.
- Small Task updates.
- Single-Point Filter has added input Tasks: Read Temperature, 2801 Mux Read Temperature, Read DAC Controller Volts, pMEMS Read Volts, pMEMS Frequency Counter and pMEMS DIO Byte.
Version 5.24.0 - 22 October 2019
- Driver 5.24.0.
- Major internal update.
- Numerous small updates and bug fixes.
Version 5.23.4 - 3 October 2019
- Bug fixed in recalling Hardware (and Measurement) Tasks from a DataSet Archive.
- Add the General Parameter Adjust Task to Program Control Tasks. Task Instructions are not yet available for this Task.
- Numerous small updates.
Version 5.23.2 - 16 September 2019
Version 5.23.1 - 12 September 2019
- Fix bugs in Hysteresis and Leakage that were introduced with the addition of custom from-file parameter adjustment.
- Significant internal changes.
- Driver 5.23.1.
Version 5.23.0 - 3 September 2019
- Internal Amplifier Rev I.
- Extend run-time, text-file configuration through the Fatigue Task.
- Add custom from-file Branch Loop adjustment to QD PPMS/Dynacool, Hysteresis and Leakage.
- Several minor adjustments and repairs.
- Driver 5.23.0.
Version 5.22.2 - 9 August 2019
- Corrected Profile Preview for the Waveform and Curve Energy Tasks.
- Added Run-Time Text File Configuration to the Advanced C/V, Advanced Piezo, Chamber and Current Loop Tasks.
- Added Custom Text File Branch Loop temperature and magnetic field (Oe) sequencing to the QD PPMS/Dyancool Task.
- I added a checklist option to the main Vision program. A checklist may be enabled and a number of entries, between 1 and 20, selected. Program execution will be interrupted to display the checklist if the checklist is enabled and has not been completely checked.
- Fixed the maximum point count for the RT66C to about 1000 points.
- Fixed internal amplifier Admin Info reporting under the Accessory Read Task.
- Fixed a bug in Hysteresis that was misinterpreting the data when the Task period was adjust from above (or below) 50.0 ms to below (or above) 50.0 ms.
- Driver 5.22.2.
Version 5.21.5 - 10 June 2019
- Corrected Chamber, Remanent Chamber and Imprint control of the HB-PTB (HVDM II).
Version 5.21.4 - 30 May 2019
- Fixed a bug that was not allowing the Piezo Task to run.
- Fixed ETD icon display for non-standard icons (Notes, Error, Important, Special Attention) when the DataSet name has characters that cannot be used in file names.
Version 5.21.3 - 28 May 2019
- Corrected the pin-out graphic on the pMEMS DIO Task configuration dialog.
- pMEMS Set Volts Task configuration bug repair.
- Eliminate debug output for Linkam T96 control.
Version 5.21.2 - 24 May 2019
- Driver 5.21.3.
- Corrected Linkam T96 control.
- Distribute pMEMS Tasks and Task Instructions.
- Updates and repairs to the QD PPMS/Dynacool Task.
- Minor correction to the Chamber Task..
Version 5.21.1 - 17 May 2019
- Driver 5.21.0.
- Corrected Linkam T96 control.
- Add Magnetic Field (Oe) tolerance to Quantum Design PPMS/Dynacool.
- Eliminate all radio buttons.
- All check boxes have active labels and 3D appearance.
- Numerous minor changes.
Version 5.20.4 - 15 April 2019
- Release Vision operation of the Linkam T96 thermal controller.
- Numerous minor changes.
Version 5.20.3 - 4 April 2019
- Numerous minor updates - many of them cosmetic.
- Program hooks for future release of Precision pMEMS tester Tasks and operation of the Linkam T96 thermal controller. Final release of the pMEMS tester and the Linkam T96 control is pending.
Version 5.20.2 - 5 March 2019
- Fix Sample Thickness (Ám) setting in Advanced C/V.
- Add SENSOR 1 and SENSOR 2 data delay to Advanced Piezo and Piezo to sync delayed PolyTec laser output response.
Version 5.20.1 - 20 February 2019
- pMux 2108 Signals and Read Temperature Tasks are distributed.
- Linkam T96 is included in the list of thermal controllers for all Tasks that set temperatures. The actual control of the T96 is not yet available. It is pending release of the final drivers by Linkam.
- Driver 5.20.7
Version 5.20.0 - 21 December 2018
- Release the 5.20.0 version using Visual Studio 2017.
- Release the VS 2017 redistributable files.
- Update general appearance and icon colors.
- Wide-scale minor bug fixes.
- Driver 5.20.02
- Eliminate User-Printable Help.
Version 5.18.1 - 2 October 2018
- Repair an error that was causing Vision 5.18.0 to fail to start when installed to a new host computer.
- Add "Beep on Execute" option to all Tasks.
Version 5.18.0 - 6 September 2018
- Driver 5.17.4 - Includes important updates for the RT66C and tools for the future release of the pMEMS tester.
- Repairs to the ETD Transfer function. Transferred ETDs that included repeated Tasks in a Branch Loop no longer show the repeated Tasks in the "Experiment Design" folder.
- Waveform and DC Bias Task show the DRIVE electric field (kV/cm) if Volts are specified. The display Volts if the DRIVE signal is specified in electric field (kV/cm).
- Other general updates and repairs.
Version 5.17.6 - 20 August 2018
- Driver 5.17.3 - Includes important updates for the RT66C.
- Repairs to the Remanent Chamber Task. The Task was not allowing custom temperature profiles to be programmed.
- Other general updates and repairs.
Version 5.17.5 - 23 July 2018
- Rename the Signal File Task to "Signal File - Write".
- Add the Signal File - Read Task and Task Instructions to the distribution.
- Move the Signal File - Write and File Start/Abort Tasks to TASK LIBRARY->Program Control->External
- Signaling and add the Signal File Read Task.
- Remanent Hyteresis allows high-speed interlaced measurement. (40 points at 250 MHz [0.004 ms]).
- Many minor corrections to Tasks and Task Instructions.
- This version was never posted. It was an in-house release that consisted of internal changes related to future development.
Version 5.17.3 - 5 July 2018
- Driver 5.17.1.
- Task Instructions update.
- Several minor repairs to the PUND Task.
Version 5.17.2 - 5 July 2018
- Driver 5.17.0.
- Add Exit Test Definition to the Signal File Task execution dialogs.
Version 5.17.1 - 26 June 2018
- Update to Quantum Design PPMS Task.
- Add last-point zeroing to Advanced Piezo.
- Add subsampling and smoothing to Hysteresis and Displacement derivative calculations in Piezo Filter.
- Add updated firmware files to C:\RT_USB.
Version 5.17.0 - 26 June 2018
- Driver 5.16.8.
- When a DataSet shuts down it creates a text file of its own name and in its own location. The text file lists all external files that are associated with the DataSet. The intention is to allow the user to identify files that need to be packaged with the DataSet when the DataSet is moved. The files may include, but are not limited to:
Data Task Vision Data File (VDF, *.vis)
Data Task run-time tabular text export file
Hysteresis-based Task Custom DRIVE Profile voltage list file
Filter and Long-Duration Task run-time image export file
Standard export file for all Tasks
Hyperlink Task linked files
ETD Notes files
General Info ETD marker file
Hyperlink ETD marker file
Adjustable ETD marker file
Data Mining ETD marker file
ETD Transfer ETD marker file
- Various minor updates.
Version 5.16.12 - 24 May 2018
- Driver 5.16.7.
- PAINT Task Instructions update.
- Various minor updates.
Version 5.16.11 - 17 May 2018
- Various minor adjustments to the program, the Tasks and the Task Instructions.
Version 5.16.10 - 26 April 2018
- Add a SENSOR 1 or 2 input option to the FFT Filter Task.
- Update to Task Instructions for several Tasks.
- Driver 5.9.6.
Version 5.16.9 - 16 April 2018
- Driver 5.16.5 fixes an error in controlling the HVDM II.
Version 5.16.8 - 12 April 2018
- Add the Signal File Task and Task Instructions.
- Fix Advanced C/V Max. Field (kV/cm) data presentation dialog value.Repair Transistor I/V Task data-mined data input to the Collect/Plot Filter Task.
- Fixed initialization, cloning and archive recall of Logic 0 and Logic 1 error counts and values in Remanent Hysteresis.
Version 5.16.7 - 9 April 2018
- Fix data indexing in Transistor Curve Trace.
- Set the configured Task Name as the ETD Name in right-click shortcut General Information Task and Hyperlink Task insertion into a DataSet Archive.
- Repair Transistor I/V Task data-mined data input to the Collect/Plot Filter Task.
- Update to the driver.
- Fix Editor global parameter update. Updating Thickness also updates Voltages. Updating Thickness should update DRIVE signal strength, but only if Specify Field (kV/cm) is selected.
Version 5.16.5 - 23 March 2018
- Fixed the Remanent Hysteresis Logic 1 and Logic 0 data display vertical offsets.
- Fixed a Remanent Hysteresis Task bug that was causing the Logic 0 measurements to switch sample polarization.
- Add User Variable Only data collection to the Single-Input Single-Point Filter Task
Version 5.16.4 - 21 March 2018
- Add dynamic profile preview to the I/V and Advanced C/V Tasks
- Display the max RETURN ADC voltage as a percentage of the max possible RETURN ADC voltage.
- Add User Variable Only data collection to the Single-Point Filter Task
Version 5.16.3 - 14 March 2018
- Add the Read QD PPMS/DynaCool Task Instructions
- Vision driver update - version 5.16.2.
Version 5.16.2 - 9 March 2018
- Add the Read QD PPMS/DynaCool Task. (Task Instructions are not yet available.)
- Fix Remanent Hysteresis Preset Period (ms) limits. The period limit was 10,000.0 ms. It is now 30,000.0 ms since this is a triangular waveform, not a pulse.
- Fix Simple Pulse "Current Volts" recall from the DataSet Archive. Current Pulse Width (ms) was being recalled twice, so that Current Pulse Width was updated incorrectly and Current Volts was not updated at all.
- Adjust the button labels on progress dialogs for several Tasks. Button labels are updated to make the button action clearer. In general, the buttons are "Abbreviate xxx and Abort Branching" and "Abbreviate xxx", where "xxx" is the activity being shortened.
- Add the I2C Pulse Task and I2C Pulse Task Instructions.
Version 5.16.1 - 26 February 2018
- Return the driver to the previous condition.
- Some Task Instructions updates.
Version 5.16.0 - 23 February 2018
- Driver 5.16.0 released to resolve a DRIVE and RETURN signal synchronization error in high-speed Hysteresis-based measurements.
- Some Task Instructions updates.
- Sufficient minor changes have accumulated to warrant an update to the intermediate version number.
Version 5.15.16 21 February 2018
- Correct a bug in the installer that was writing the program to the wrong Windows folder.
Version 5.15.15 16 February 2018
- Add Curve Energy Monopolar Energy-In Area as single-point input to the Single-Point and Single-Input Single-Point Filter Tasks.
- Correct run-time tabular text exporting in the Long-Duration Collect/Plot Filter Task.
- Task Instructions updates.
Version 5.15.13 24 January 2018
- All Measurement and Filter Tasks that allow run-time tabular text exporting have had the text string length limit, for any given line of text, extended to 50,000 characters.
Version 5.15.12 - 20 December 2017
- Adjust text buffer size from 1000 characters to 5000 characters for run-time text export in most Filter Tasks.
- Correct Remanent Hysteresis Logic 1 and Logic 0 centering.
Version 5.15.11 - 18 December 2017
- Repaired Curve Energy Task High-Voltage Branch Loop voltage adjustment limit.
- Repaired Curve Energy Task data cloning to allow the Task to be data mined.
- Finish uncheck and disable Center Data Before PMax... controls when the DRIVE profile type is a monopolar profile in all Hysteresis-based Tasks that allow automatic monopolar selection.
Version 5.15.10 - 15 December 2017
- Repaired integral calculations in Curve Energy Monopolar measurements.
- Fixed Curve Energy units to either ÁJoules (Charge (ÁC) x Volts) or mJoules/cm3 (Polarization (ÁC/cm2) x Electric Field (kV/cm) / 1000 (mJ / ÁJ) ).
- Add Double Monopolar and Double Monopolar Sine DRIVE Profile options to all Tasks that offer selectable profiles.
- Start updating Hysteresis-based Tasks to uncheck and disable centering before single-point (PMax (ÁC/cm2), ▒Pr (ÁC/cm2), ▒Vc) calculations when the DRIVE profile selection is monopolar.
- Task Instructions updated through External Instrument Tasks.
Version 5.15.9 - 30 November 2017
- Add startup code that checks the number of days since last Vision update. Notifies the user to update if the number of days is 60 or more. If the user does not update, the number of days to the next notification will be 5.
Version 5.15.8 - 21 November 2017
- Driver 5.15.8 restores control of older testers that was changed for later-model tester.
Version 5.15.7 - 20 November 2017:
- Driver 5.15.7 fixes an error in Precision Premier II and Multiferroic Rev F testers.
Version 5.15.6 - 1 November 2017:
Version 5.15.5 - 18 October 2017:
- Fix a bug that was causing the Read Temperature Task to crash.
- Continued Task Instructions update.
- Revert to older Precision RT66C firmware to correct an error in high-voltage measurements longer than 570 ms.
- More Task Instructions updates.
- Minor corrections and updates to various Tasks pursuant to the Task Instructions updates.
Version 5.15.4 - 10 October 2017:
- Fix an Editor Aide bug when importing Tasks to the Editor List from a file.
- Update the CS 2.5 DC Field and DC Current Tasks to allow the user to specify signal in units of magnetic field (G), with a Field/Signal conversion ratio or in the Tasks units: Current (A) or Voltage.
- Continued updating of the Main Vision Help and Task Instructions
Version 5.15.3 - 22 August 2017:
- Updated the Editor Aide tool so that Tasks moved into the Editor Aide from the Editor retain all configured parameters.
- Main Vision help update that includes figure updating in early pages to conform with new dialog structures.
Version 5.15.2 - 21 August 2017:
- Completed dialog reorganization and Task Instructions button update.
- Driver update related to the internal 200-Volt amplifier rev H.
Version 5.15.1 - 8 August 2017:
- Continued dialog reorganization: OK and Cancel buttons moved to the upper left to be accessible on all monitors; Text fields resized to allow dialog size reduction; Icons set to modal background only; etc. (This update is not yet extended to all Tasks.)
- Repair to Leakage Task. The Task was crashing Vision when recalled from a DataSet Archive.
- Repair to the HV amplifier selection dialog. The dialog would not allow channel 2 to be selected for a two-channel HVI.
Version 5.15.0 - 1 August 2017:
- Driver update (version 5.15.3).
- Tester firmware files (*.hex) updated for the RT66C.
- Updated labeling for late-model tester amplification levels.
- Expanded dialog reorganization: OK and Cancel buttons moved to the upper left to be accessible on all monitors; Text fields resized to allow dialog size reduction; Icons set to modal background only; etc. (This update is not yet extended to all Tasks.)
- Task Instruction control replaced by a button with the Task Instructions bitmap as background. This should make it more evident that Task Instructions is a control to be clicked. (This update is not yet extended to all Tasks.)
- Project and all Tasks updated to version 5.15.0.
Version 5.14.2 - 18 September 2017:
- Driver update (version 5.14.9.
- Tester firmware files (*.hex) updated for most testers.
- Data Mining update: Using the Back button to return to the Task Type Selection dialog tab from the Task Selection dialog tab, and to change the Task type selected, was crashing the program. The process now works for that particular case. Changes to other Data Mining dialog tabs accessed using the Back button still need investigation and correction.
- Main Vision help update.
- Task Instructions update for several Tasks.
- Dialog organization update for several Tasks.
- Task Instructions control updated to a Task Instructions button with the Task Instructions bitmap as background.
- Updates to Set Temperature, Chamber, Remanent Chamber and Imprint Task control of the Delta 9015 thermal controller.
Version 5.14.1 - 1 August 2017:
- Driver update (version 5.14.6.
- Error corrected. Registering a DataSet at a drive root (C:\*.dst, D:\*.dst, etc) rather than in a folder path (C:\<folder>\...\<folder>\*.dst,) caused Vision to crash. Vision would then fail to start until C:\DataSets\xplorerdb.cpu was deleted. DataSet files (*.dst) may now be registered from a drive root folder.
Version 5.14.0 - 27 July 2017:
- Sufficient accumulated recent and new changes to update the major version number.
- Main Vision help opens on Vision startup. This can be disabled under "Tools->Options->Vision Startup and Misc.".
- Add global seeing of 1.0 nF Capacitor and/or 2.5 MW Resistor and/or Reference Ferroelectric internal reference elements under the Editor right-click "Assign Parameters" tool.
- Main Vision help pages update.
- All Tasks to version 5.14.0.
- Various minor updates.
Version 5.13.12 - 7 July 2017:
- Driver version 5.14.5. Includes updates for the release of the Precision LC II Rev F hardware.
- Various minor updates.
Version 5.13.10 - 26 May 2017:
- Add the FFT Filter Task and Task Instructions. The Task is in TASK LIBRARY->Filters->Math.
- Fix the Long-Duration Current Task.
- Various minor updates.
Version 5.13.10 - 26 May 2017:
Version 5.13.9 - 16 May 2017:
- Driver 5.14.2.
- Updated Main Vision Help.
Version 5.13.8 - 16 May 2017:
- Fix Voltage Lockout feature errors.
- Update the enabling, disabling, setting and clearing of various controls in Editor Aide.
- Help page and Task Instructions updates.
Version 5.13.7 - 15 May 2017:
- Driver update - Version 5.14.1.
- User-Adjustable Low and High-Voltage Lockout in the Options... dialog.
Version 5.13.6 - 9 May 2017:
- Driver update - Version 5.13.9.
- Fix Bulk Export ETD selection.
- Replace "Kepco" with "Generic" in the magneto-electric Task suite.
- Fix I/V Task Text exporting
Version 5.13.5 - 1 May 2017:
- Add an Editor Aide toolbar icon.
- Increase the toolbar icon size and add a border to icons..
- Add Task Comments setting to the Editor Aide tool.
Version 5.13.4 - 27 April 2017:
Version 5.13.3 - 19 April 2017:
- Correct Advanced C/V and I/V preset auto amplification setting.
- Correct PUND Profile Preview.
Version 5.13.2 - 18 April 2017:
- Driver update.
- New release of Internal/High-Voltage selection dialog. Allows users with a new High-Voltage Interface (HVI), with internal EERPROM, released after 10 April 2017, to select alternate amplifiers and update the EEPROM.
- Repair to QuikLook configuration of the General Information Task.
Version 5.13.1 - 6 April 2017:
- Driver update.
- Update to TDC Hysteresis to fix centering on all data plots.
- Data Mining updated to allow 10,000 Tasks of the selected type. Previously the maximum number was 1000.
Version 5.13.0 - 3 April 2017:
- There is no single significant change that resulted in this moderate version update. Instead, an amalgamation of many smaller changes call for an update to the version. These include:
- Incorporate Vision temperature and magnetic field control, using a MultiVu Macro, of the Quantum Design PPMS.
- Add independent custom Branch Loop duration periods to the Waveform Task.
- Allow user selection of any programmed model of High-Voltage Amplifier (HVA) in external HVI/HVA high-voltage measurements.
- Significant corrections to the tester driver.
- Other minor changes and additions.
Version 5.12.10 - 21 March 2017:
- Eliminate .NET installation mistakenly added to the installer under 5.12.9.
- Update Measurement Task Amplification Level lists for some testers under some configuration conditions.
After downloading, run the installer. Then, start Vision from the icon that appears on the desktop. To learn to operate Vision go to the Help->Help Topics menu and examine the tutorials pages. These will very quickly make you proficient in basic and advanced program operation.
After installing Vision, be sure to check regularly for updates by returning to the Vision download form and selecting the "Update" installation option. Updates are performed using Self-Extracting Executable files and updating only the Vision files that are necessary.
Good luck in your Vision experience. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, comments or difficulties.
Scott P. Chapman
Radiant Technologies, Inc.