technology is leaving the laboratory to become commercial PiezoMEMS Analyzer. Much thicker bulk capacitors are being
embedded as actuators and sensors inside their own electronic circuitry. Multidisciplinary teams of mechanical,
electrical, and reliability engineers now work alongside materials engineers to
create new and novel devices. Classic
engineering tools such as impulse response, impedance analysis, and resonance characterization
must be integrated with traditional polarization, piezoelectric, pyroelectric,
and magnetoelectric measurements. To
control circuits containing embedded ferroic capacitors, asynchronous or
semi-synchronous digital and analog functions must run independent-of or in-parallel-with
crystal-clock-controlled ferroic measurements.
Communication with embedded controllers and custom digital circuitry is
critical. Together these requirements demand
an extremely complex test environment.
Radiant Technologies’ Precision PiezoMEMS Analyzer integrates digital, analog, and communications circuit functions
with the existing non-linear materials measurement capabilities of the
Precision Multiferroic Non-linear Materials Tester, all supervised by Radiant’s
Vision programmable test environment. The PiezoMEMS Analyzer not only measures
piezoelectric properties of actuator and sensor elements of a commercial
product, it will communicate with the product’s electronic logic, talk to
embedded microprocessors, supply asynchronous voltages and pulses, and measure
The PiezoMEMS Analyzer combines
the following capabilities:
fully functional, high speed, non-linear ferroic properties tester ranging up
to +/-200V capable of Hysteresis, PUND, Leakage, CV, piezoelectric displacement,
thermal, and magnetoelectric measurements. The PiezoMEMS Analyzer is expandable to 10kV.
±10V arbitrary analog pulse generator with programmable delay.
asynchronous 16-bit, ±10V, 1012 ohm input-impedance voltage
±10V 25mA DC bias generator.
MHz frequency counter for measuring oscillator circuits.
Out x 8 In/Out ] parallel digital port for setting, controlling, and reading
digital ICs or communicating with microprocessors.
I2C custom programmable I/O for communicating with I2C
capable microprocessors and logic circuits.
Built in LCR impedance measurement port.
Frequency Range: 1 kHz to 100 kHz
Impedance Range: 100W up to 100 kW
Output Range +/-100V or +/-200V expandable to 10kV
- 16-bit Arbitrary Waveform Generator output
- 270KHz @ +/-100V and 100KHz @+/-200V built-in
- Accuracy 0.5% or Better
- Maximum Data Points 32000
- Minimum Pulse Widths down to 0.5µs
- Maximum Pulse Widths down to 1µs and up to 1s
- Vision controlled output ramp for maximum accuracy
- Polarization Measurement under AC & DC Magnetic Fields
- 18-bit Resolution (analog to digital converters)
- 0.5µs capture rate with 0.1µs interlace facility
- Polarization, output voltage and SENSORs captured simultaneously
- Minimum charge sensitivity -> 0.80fC
- Minimum PZT capacitor area -> 0.5u2
- Maximum Area Resolution 52.6mC
- Maximum Area Resolution >130cm2 w/o HVI attached)
- Maximum hysteresis loop frequency ->270KHz
- Minimum hysteresis loop frequency -> 1/30th Hz
Includes Vision Software